Today I am asking for comments or photos to support my leadership tour. If you have any, please post them here.
I have been thinking about heading east before the Honors Institute in Pennsylvania. The route I’m considering begins in Somerset, KY, goes to Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. During the Institute, I would be there, and I could present somewhere on the free day on Thursday. Then after the Institute, I could wander down to Charleston, SC, and maybe see Savannah, GA, before returning to Lexington, KY to fly back home.
Here is the route that I am considering:
I have several goals that I developed, and I can already see that they need slight modifications. Here are my original goals:
- Develop a 3-week workshop/travel plan using my Phi Theta Kappa contacts to determine venues
- Interact with as many people as possible during the 3-week period
- Maintain an online photo journal of the adventure, i.e., write about it and upload photos
- Learn about different regions of the U.S such as the East Coast, Midwest, and The South
- Create a leadership presentation from the experience
What I am changing is the 3-week continuous tour. My summer teaching schedule requires me to be on campus, so I cannot take 3 consecutive weeks to tour. Instead, I will schedule shorter times to include as many campuses and people as possible. Maybe on my second leadership tour I would be able to make it consecutive travel.